Friday, March 21, 2014

Goodbye to Zoo Negara

My time at Zoo Negara has come to a close. Over the last two months, I have really enjoyed my time here. I have had a lot of fun working at a zoo, on a daily basis, and have gained irreplaceable experiences and knowledge. I’ve learned about tropical horticulture, nursery management, propagation techniques, the commercial landscape process, creating habitats and about some of the differences between the horticulture procedures/practices of Malaysia vs. the United States. Overall, it has been a wonderful educational and professional experience. What is an experience without the people? I have enjoyed interacting with the Parks and Grounds Department, and I truly appreciate them taking me in and showing me the ropes. From the nursery staff whom I communicated in sign language and broken Bahasa and English to our director and his support staff, their contributions helped to make my experience a memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment